Sunday, November 1, 2009

Autobiography: Entry 0

My grandpa was compounder to the village doctor. My dad retired as an Assistant Engineer. I was a Manager at 25. The growth is exponential and as it is with every exponential pattern, the secret lies not at t = T but at t = o.

Around 15 Km from Patna is the village Khagaul. My dad was the eldest of eleven children from a poor family in this village. The situation obviously meant that he had to work right from a young age. Something remarkable must have happened. Dad was clear that education is important to the future of our family. I am not sure from where he got this vision of his because there was nobody around educated enough to guide him. It took some effort to convince my grandpa who himself was burdened with a dependent family of thirteen. To cut a long story short, my father worked and studied at the same time and finished a diploma in engineering. How he did it would make an inspiring biography. It was a big deal at that time. He received an immediate offer from Bihar Government for the post of Junior Engineer at PWD.

There was no looking back after that. Each of his siblings got progressively educated. It is not a surprise that the average qualification in my generation is a graduate. The more I think about it the more I tend to believe that the destiny of our family was written in one single moment. That moment was coincidently on the first day of a cold November, 70 years ago, when the first child was born to a poor family.

Happy B'day Dad :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mera bhi biography likh de ..ek course ke liye submit karna hai..

PK said...

abe kitni fakaiti karaate hain iima waale