Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So much so on resolutions

Sitting half drunk at Kovalam on new year eve, I made a resolution that I will visit 26 new places in 2008. Based on a simple calculation of one new place@every two week, I was as eclectic with the resolution as a drunk wanderer can be. It was not a big deal at that moment. We had just covered 7-8 odd places in and around Kerala in a matter of two weeks.

So how have I fared till date - Jaipur, Almora, Pithoragarh, Dhampur, Udaipur, Shimla & Chhail. If I also include Mussoorie and Corbett(since technically I rediscovered the two places), I am at 9/26 right now and the year is slipping by. It's not that there is still a chance. If I follow my doctor's advice, I am not allowed to go out of town for next six months.

That leaves me with my sweet li'l town called Delhi. It would not be a bad idea if I negotiate with myself (as the days of bhishma pratighyas are already over) to rephrase the resolution . Henceforth I resolve to visit at least 15 new places in and around Delhi in next three months :).

With the coming winters, it may not be a bad idea at all.

No comments: