Thursday, February 21, 2008

where was I

Where was I the last three months? As if I was missed... huh. Anyways, just to recount things to myself, I visited Diu and a string of places in Kerala.

Diu is the place where I realised for the first time what is romance. I have visited this place three times after that and still the magic persists. Its as if love is in the air in this secluded union territory.

Kerala was a bit more than what we expected. Manish and Vikash were with me. We started with Kodaikanal which is in Tamil Nadu. The lake and suicide point were regular features of a hill station. We were particularly impressed by Silent Valley and a nearby waterfall which was completely isolated.

We moved to Munnar after a day stay in Kodaikanal. To reach Munnar in itself is an unforgettable experience. Atleast 20 Km before the place, large estates of tea, coffee and cardamom are visible and as the road meanders through these lush gardens, one has a feeling of sailing in an endless green sea. We stayed in Munnar for three days.

We moved to Periyar to have a brunch with the wildlife. It turned out to be a disappointment not because it had not much to offer but because of the crowd of foreigners visiting it. Hotel Ambadi was our saviour as we spent most of our time enjoying there.

Our next destination was Alleppey. We were there for two days. On day one, we completed a round of the famous backwaters. On day two we decided to go to a famous Athirapally waterfall. We were hardly expecting a lot although it turned out to be THE most evenful day of my trip. We had a nice cool bath in the lake on a warm day. Vikash showed some philanthropism in arranging towel and bermudas for all of us. That was the good part. The bad part started when my mobile slipped from my pocket and settled at the bottom of the lake. Before I could pull it out, it was all soaked. I was flabbergasted. Both these old friends of mine helped me feel worse and when I tried to convince them that I don't keep many vauable things with me, I realized that my precious watch was also missing. It took some valour and courage to bring that watch back from the other side of lake where I dropped it.

My mobile and I recovered the next day and we moved to Kovalam. Our plan was to booze hard on the eve of New Year at the beautiful beach. We managed to fulfil our wishes partially.

We laughed a lot and quarelled a little. We enjoyed the vitality of Kerala and despised the coconut oil. All in all, it was a wonderful trip with old friends.

No comments: