Monday, March 9, 2009

My Top 10: Favourite Treks

Love for trek is one attribute which I associate with trustworthiness. An ardent trekker with a penchant for nature can only be truthful and beautiful from within.


1. Khajjiar to Chamba
I can never forget climbing down the hill, crossing that wooden bridge and then having my lunch beside the flowing river with Bhaiya. This is just half the story :)

2. McLeodganj to Triund
This one is difficult (9 Km uphill) but the contrast of green and white at the top makes it worth the effort.

3. Mukteshwar Trek
This one is memorable because of the M Team we made. Standing at the protruding rock on Chali ki Jaali was awesome.

4. Dalhaousie to Lakkadmandi
Part of National Trekking Expedition, this one was one of my first long treks in Himalayas.

5. Summer Hill to Chadwick Falls
Not many people know about this waterfall in Shimla. Its secluded and natural to the core.

6. Hanuman Chatti to Yamunotri Glacier
One of the most difficult treks. It is not long (7 Km) but the path is rocky and elevated.

7. Kedarnath Trek
Long (14 Km) but simple. The morning view of surrounding hills at Kedarnath is breath-taking.

8. Pavagarh Trek
Ropeway to the top is available but still trek is preferred. This one is near Baroda and reminds me of our bunch at Ahmedabad.

9. Periyar Night Petrol
Manish and Vikash will share this memory with me. Its one of the few wierd things we did in our Kerala trip.

10. Daulatabad Fort Trek
Bhaiya still wont forgive me since we had to abort our trek to the top of this fort cos I developed pressure. It is near Aurangabad and has a terrific defense system.

No comments: